Travelling to me is all about “randomness”… I love going to random countries, and explore random places within those countries just to meet random people and listen to their stories.
I usually study the costs carefully before making any trip, because I believe that the smart travel is the one who gives you many benefits with a very moderate budget.
My story with traveling began in 2005; when I decided to go on a trip to Germany to visit a friend of mine, but the itinerary changed when I found myself spending most of my time riding trains and exploring Europe in a fun way.
Traveling is difficult especially for people like me who suffer from “Aerophobia”, however, getting to a places where not a single photo can describe how beautiful it is makes it worth the money, the time, and the fear.
There are some trips that I cannot forget such as my trip to Oman this year for skydiving; I was ready to fly, but because of the strong wind I lost my balance and fell down and hurt my knee. And the most beautiful trip was visiting Mount Kosciuszko in Australia.
I travel to explore myself, because understanding cultures, people and traditions makes me understand myself better as well as life.
- A country you will never forget, and why? Each country has a special place in my heart.
- A country you are related to emotionally and psychologically? Philippines.
- The best people? Sri Lankans who welcomes you from their heart and invite you to their homes for a cup of tea.
- If travel has seven benefits what the eighth would be? You just never come back from a trip the same person you are.
- How many stamps you have in your passport? I’ve renewed my passport two years ago and it still has empty pages.
- A country you will not visit again, and why? I try not to visit a country twice.
- A country you dream to retire in it: Greece or the Caribbean Islands.
- When you will stop traveling? When my health prevents me.
- Three basic needs in your travels? My phone, camera and Wi-Fi.
- Three important principles for new travelers: Good plan, ask the locals and enjoy every moment of your trip.
- The plane is a friend or an enemy? Both; in the air it is an enemy and on the ground it is my best friend.